-->

Friday, July 14, 2017

Reviewing Return of the Chauffeur's Son by Tara Lain.

Return of the Chauffeur’s Son by Tara Lain 5*
BLURB: Luca McGrath may be returning to Napa Valley, California as a promising chef with dreams of starting his own restaurant and winery, but his heart still lives with bad-boy billionaire’s son, James Armstrong. Luca spent his childhood playing games with the golden boy of California society, so blinded by James he barely noticed the dark, quiet lure of his conservative older brother, Dylan Armstrong.
But now, Luca’s home and his own powers of attraction are enough to make James question his dedicated heterosexuality and his promised marriage to a wealthy and powerful businesswoman. The obvious attraction between Luca and James spurs Dylan into action—but he’s fighting a huge secret. While Luca dreamed of James, Dylan dreamed of Luca. When Luca gets caught in the struggle between the brothers and gets accused of culinary espionage he’s ready to chuck the fairy tale—unable to even imagine Dylan’s power to make his dreams come true.


My Review: Let me start by saying I would have bought this book because it was written by Tara Lain and I haven't been disappointed by any of her books yet. Then let me add that, even if it had been by a different author, I would more than likely still have bought it because it's based on one of my all time favourite films starring Audrey Hepburn. If you love Audrey Hepburn films you will recognise the film from the blurb - if you don't it won't matter because you will enjoy the book anyway.
I certainly did and actually read it in almost one sitting (darn podiatrist appointments). Tara does a wonderful job of updating the story and fills it with amazing characters. I loved the ups and downs of true love that Tara does so well. Actually some of the recipe ideas in it sounded delicious and I wish I could find somewhere that sells the dishes, I would spend money I can't really afford to just to eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to tell me what you think.